Living in the town of Gatlin, where nothing ever changes, Ethan Wate has a normal life. He goes to basketball practice, dates pretty girls, and pretty much lives up to the expectations of everyone in the town. That is, until Lena Duchannes comes to town. Everyone hates Lena. She lives with the town shut-in, Macon Ravenwood, she drives a hearse, and her family does not have a pedgriee dating back to the Civil War. OR the Revolutionary War. So, Lena is an outcast. Everyone teases her in school and calls her a witch. Everyone that is, except Ethan. Ethan comes to understand Lena, her powers, and her family. And Ethan’s family comes to understand Lena. Lena and Ethan become boyfriend and girlfriend. But only for so long. Lena’s sixteenth birthday is coming. And with it, great change. Do Ethan and Lena really have forever?
What I Liked
- Ethan: Ethan always tries so hard to achieve his dreams. He used to go with the flow, even when it was not right. Now Ethan stands up for everyone and everything. Ethan’s character grows a lot in this one book.
- Amma: Amma reminds of a voodoo grandmother. the one who sticks charms in your socks on your birthday and remembers what everyone’s favorite cake is. Even though Amma is not the nicest, she cares for Ethan like the mother he doesn’t have.
- Gatlin: Gatlin is really mean. But if you are one of Gatlin, Gatlin will claim you, look out for you, and love you. But if your not of Gatlin, then you will never be one of Gatlin.
What I Disliked
- Lena: Lena was a bit too sad for me. After a week of trying to achieve something she just gives up. Lena could have stayed a bit more positive throught the books.
- Ridley: Ridley changed by the end of the first book but I still hate her. She forced people to do her bidding without letting them choose. And she thought she was making Lena happy but she actually Just made it worse.
Beautiful Creatures is a pretty good book. You will never get bored and you will never want to put it down. I reccomend that you read this book. Four Stars. Thanks for Reading!!!! Have a Great Day!!!! -annaleeliz and Buttons