A few months have passed since Gregor was in the Underland. He is still thinking of it, though. Gregor’s father is still doing well. He gets fever and chills. Everyone thinks that he has a lasting illness. Boots is happy and excited, she still misses Tick though. When Boots gets captured by the cockroaches, Gregor follows them into the Underland. I do not think that I would be following giant cockroaches into the Underland. I do not think that you would be either. As soon as Gregor lands in the Underland he is loaded with another quest. This time he has to kill a giant white rat called the Bane. Or so everyone thinks. He takes Boots with him. A bad decision. Everyone thinks that Boots might die. I love Boots so I got scared. Can Gregor successfully kill the Bane? And will Boots survive?
What I Liked
- Mrs. Cormaci: Mrs. Cormaci is not mentioned a lot, but when she is you can tell what a sweet person she is. All she wants to do is take care of Gregor’s family. At first you think that she will bug Gregor about where his dad was but then you realize that she really cares.
- Ares: Ares is amazing. I want him so much. He is a bat. But he is a giant, strong, and awesome bat. I love him so much that I am going mad with love. He is not even human. I love Ares so much.
- The Twist: I was not expecting the twist!!!!! I never even saw it coming!!!!! I was shocked!!!!!
- Mareth: Mareth was so nice!!!!! I was overjoyed to realize that he actually cared for Gregor!!!!! I love him so much!!!!
- Howard: Howard is amazing!!!!! At first you think that he is like his bratty sister. But he turns out to be really nice and caring!!!
What I Disliked
- The Fireflies: The fireflies are pigs. They eat to much, argue to much, and do not do their job. I think that I could have ended up really hating them but the author did not do a good job on them. They seemed half done.
- The Island: So I get that the author added the island to add a scary element but I did not get it. I think that it would have been better if the island was not there at all.
- The Serpents: The serpents were the exact definition of sad. To me, it sounded like the author had taken dinosaurs, flattened them out, and gave them flippers. It would have been much more exciting to see a new kind of sea monster.
- The Bane: The Bane was nothing like I expected it to be!!!!! It was just sad. I was expecting this ten foot white rat!!!! Nope!!! Can’t have that apparently.
- Queen Nerissa: Nerissa should not be queen. It is just not right. I like Nerissa. But she should not be queen.
So, Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane is amazing. Most of the flaws in it are not that big. I think that I would have liked it a bit more if some of the things that I didn’t like were more developed. Gregor and Boots were once again my favorite characters. I enjoyed reading this book!!! Four Stars. Thanks for Reading!!!!!! Have a Great Day!!!! -annaleeliz and Buttons